Ozarks Medical Center in West Plains, MO seeks two compassionate, BE/BC
Hospitalists to join 5 other Hospitalists for a team of 7. You’ll
discover a quality lifestyle in a breathtaking location. Come see firsthand
why our strong community atmosphere, abundant outdoor recreation opportunities,
top quality education, safe setting and soul-soothing beauty draw in people
from around the country. Here’s more:
- Looking to recruit two BC/BE IM Hospitalists to join 5 other Hospitalists
for a team of 7. Three hospitalists will work during the day 7 am –
7 pm. One nocturnist works 7 pm – 7 am.
- 7 on 7 off.
- 114-bed Hospital. This includes beds from OB and Neuro Psych Unit which
hospitalists only see patients there if consulted. Therefore Hospitalists
routinely cover 65 beds.
- Average census per physician is 15 – 20.
- Average total admissions per 24 hours: 10-15.
Currently, there are 3 physicians working per day 7a-7p. One physician
on nights 7p-7a.Each physician starts out with a set number of patients
who they round and take call on during their shift (12 hours). In addition
two of the 3 physicians on per day alternate admissions. Basically every 3rd day you are not on call for admissions, you round on your patients only.
Many physicians do try and leave a little early during the day they are
not admitting. Physician will still need to be close in case they need
to respond to one of their patients (less than 20 minutes). Physicians
do leave for lunch even on days they are admitting if time permits.
- 12 bed ICU. ICU skills are important as Hospitalists do cover the ICU.
(i.e. Vent management, Central lines…)
ICU SUPPORT: Anesthesiologists and surgeons available for consults and can help with
difficult cases. There is one Pulmonologist who can help with any critical
pulmonary patients on vents or those who have chronic pulmonary issues.
Anesthesia available 24 hours if needed. RT staff is proficient with intubating
patients and anesthesia is a backup as well.
- Emergency Department is responsible for codes. Hospitalist is asked to
arrive as soon as possible to take over care.
- Specialty & Subspecialty services include: Pulmonology, Pathology,
Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Psychiatry, Interventional Cardiology,
Ophthalmology, Rheumatology, Urology, General Surgery, Cardiothoracic
Surgery, Pain Management, OBGYN, Ortho, Wound Care, Interventional Cardiology,
Diagnostic Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Occupational Medicine.
- West Plains, MO is in an underserved area and we do accept J1 and H1B applicants.
(We are H1B cap exempt) We are also located in the Delta Regional Authority
which has no limit on J1 waivers and there is no waiver application deadline.
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement offered
- Student loan support available up to $100,000.
- Up to $4,500 for CME’s and professional license fees, dues and journals.
- OMC provides Malpractice at $2 mill per occurrence/ $6 mill aggregate.
- Health, dental, vision, life, long and short term disability, AD&D,
- 403B matching up to 3% after one year.
- 457 plan “Top Hat Plan” max contribution of $18,000 per year.
- 40 days annual PTO which includes holidays, CME’s and sick days
For more information contact:
Physician Recruitment and Physician Relations
Ozarks Medical Center
1100 Kentucky Avenue
West Plains, MO 65775