Ozarks Medical Center in West Plains, MO is looking to employ an Interventional
Pulmonologist or General Pulmonologist interested in outpatient and inpatient
consulting services only. You will join one other seasoned Pulmonologist
(over 30 years experience) in a thriving practice with state of the art
- Veran “Peripheral” Lung Navigation System for bronchoscopy
and needle localization
- Olympus Endobronchial Ultrasound System
- Olympus 4mm and Pentax 5 mm Bronchoscopes
- Varian Linear Accelerator with 3D, IMRT and SBRT treatment capabilities
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
- GE – Large Bore 4D CT for motion management evaluation of lung tumors
- 2 CT scanners with low dose screening capabilities
OMC is expanding and renovating its Multi-Disciplinary Cancer Center which
consists of 2 Medical Oncologists and 1 Radiation Oncologist. Construction
will consist of new infusion center expanded to 21 chairs, and the center
will have its own pharmacist. OMC is approved for the 340B drug discount
program. Here’s more:
- Approximately 450 new cancer cases per year
- Consult the 12 bed ICU. (ICU is not closed and Hospitalists oversee ICU)
- Oversee multidisciplinary rounds
- Bronchs performed in OR, ICU, or may also be performed in endoscopy suite.
- 6 OR’s
- Extremely light call – not necessary to come in all weekends when on call.
- Emergencies (code blue, intubations, lines) are handled by Hospitalists
and ER physicians
- Provide consultative services only (average 2 consults per week) –
therefore extremely light call (not necessary to come in all weekends
when on call)
- Integral part of developing Lung Nodule/Lung Cancer Screening program
- Strong, robust Oncology program
- Cardio-thoracic surgeon available
- Practice approximations:
- 20 – 30% Inpatient (Half floor patients, half ICU)
- 70 – 80% Outpatient (minimal sleep practice)
West Plains, MO is in an underserved area and we do accept J1 and H1B applicants.
We are also located in the Delta Regional Authority which has no limit
on J1 waivers and there is no waiver application deadline.
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement offered
- Student loan support available up to $100,000.
- Up to $4,500 for CME’s and professional license fees, dues and journals.
- OMC provides Malpractice at $2 mill per occurrence/ $6 mill aggregate.
- Health, dental, vision, life, long and short term disability, AD&D,
- 403B matching up to 3% after one year.
- 457 plan “Top Hat Plan” max contribution of $18,000 per year.
- 40 days annual PTO which includes holidays, CME’s and sick days
For more information contact:
Physician Recruitment and Physician Relations
Ozarks Medical Center
1100 Kentucky Avenue
West Plains, MO 65775