Weight Loss Surgery
Ozarks Medical Center Surgical Specialist Clinic is pleased to offer ORBERA™
Weight Loss Surgery.
Dr. Magdy Giurgius is certified to perform ORBERA™ Weight Loss Surgery.
What is ORBERA™?
- Comprehensive two-part program designed to provide effective, motivating
results that you can see. With ORBERA™ patients on an average lose
3.1 times the weight they would with diet and exercise alone.
- Starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for six months to reinforce
proper portion control.
- The ORBERA™ balloon takes up space in your stomach and helps you
eat smaller meals.
- The balloon is temporary and placed in your stomach without surgery or
any incisions and stays there for six months.
- Patients will receive coaching from a team of experts which may include
a dietician, psychologist, and exercise physiologist.
- Coaching continues after balloon is removed at six months for a total of
The Procedure: Placement and removal
- Non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated
ORBERA™ balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with
saline until it's about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically
takes about 20-30 minutes so you are able to go home the very same day.
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed, through
a non-surgical procedure. While you are under a mild sedative, the balloon
is deflated first then removed.
What to expect
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of the weight loss typically
occuring in the first three months of treatment.
- On average, patients lost 3.1 times the weight compared to just diet and
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay
active will greatly influence your results.
To qualify for ORBERA™, you should:
- Be an adult
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program
- After six months with the ORBERA™ two-part program, people lost an
average of 3.1 times the weight patients lost with just diet and exercise along.
- The program is proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed.
- A more than 20-year history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- More than 220,000 ORBERA™ balloons have been distributed worldwide
in over 80 counties.
- With the FDA approval of ORBERA™, patients now have a safe and effective
For more information, contact:
OMC Surgical Specialist Clinic
2600 Independence Square
West Plains, MO
Directions for Use (DFU). ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon System (ORBERA™).
Austin, TX: Apollo Endosurgery, Inc.