Job Shadowing Program
OMC is proud to offer a job shadowing program for those seriously interested
in a future career in health care. The program will offer shadowing experience
to individuals interested in learning about a specific area of health
care. Participants will have the opportunity to experience the workplace
setting as well as the duties performed by the health care worker they
are shadowing, however they will not be permitted to take part in hands-on
Who Is Eligible to Participate:
- 15 years of age or older and at least a sophomore in high school. ( 17
and under require parent or guardian signature)
- College Students
- Individuals exploring a possible career change
Note: The program limits shadowing to 16 hours per year. The hours reset January
1 of each year.
Job shadows will report to Education Services, located at #21 Parkway Center,
West Plains, Mo, 65775 on the day of the shadow. The job shadow will bring
the application and all required documents stated in the packet. Job shadows
are required to sign a confidentiality form and show documentation of
up-to-date immunizations for the protection of our patients. Job Shadows
will receive a badge for the day of the shadow once all paperwork is approved.
All requests for job shadowing must be received two weeks prior to observation day.
Requests are considered on an individual basis. Approval of the request
is at the discretion of the office or department manager/supervisor with
consideration of the unit’s staffing resources, the nature of the
patient population and the procedures performed.
Rules of Conduct for Job Shadows:
Please remember, you are a guest and will be expected to behave in a courteous
and respectful manner. If at any time during the job shadow you are not
acting in a courteous manner, you may be asked to leave. Students must
behave in a professional manner at all times: courteous, prompt and reliable.
Dress Code for Job Shadow:
- No jeans, sweatpants or shorts
- No tank tops or bare midriffs
- No sandals or flip flops
- No dangling jewelry
- No ball caps or hats
- If you have long hair, make sure it is pulled back
- If you have scrubs, you can wear them. If not, dress is business casual
Job Shadows are NOT:
- An opportunity to actively participate in patient care or practice clinical skills
- A formal educational experience (student practicum or internship)
- Part of the interview process of a potential employee
- Intended for international providers or professionals working toward US
Thank you for your interest in our job shadowing program! Whether you are
a high school student, college student, or an individual exploring a second
career, we welcome your interest in exploring a health care career!!