OMC Rehabilitation Services Offers Pelvic Health Program
Ozarks Medical Center (OMC) is offering pelvic health physical therapy
through OMC Rehabilitation Services. This program provides patients with
education, biofeedback, relaxation techniques, and exercises that strengthen
the pelvic floor and help patients manage pelvic pain and incontinence.
Among the many people who benefit from pelvic health physical therapy are:
- Pregnant woman experiencing lower back, pelvic, and hip pain
- Pregnant women who would like to reduce the risk of urinary incontinence
post-partum or would like education on labor and delivery positions in
preparation for child birth
- Post-partum women experiencing tears in the abdominal wall, lower back
pain, pain with intercourse; fecal incontinence; constipation; and urinary
- Individuals experiencing incontinence, nocturia (voiding at night), and
urinary leakage with laughing, coughing, sneezing, or exercising
- Post-prostate surgery patients experiencing constipation or incontinence
Services are provided by Meagan Roberson, PT, DPT, a physical therapist
with a special interest in pelvic health who received training in pelvic
health physical therapy from the American Physical Therapy Association.
For more information, contact OMC Rehabilitation Services at 417-257-5959.