Over $4,000 raised for Local Cancer Patients at 28th Annual OMC Hollywood Hustle Fun Run
A total of 240 individuals participated in the Ozarks Medical Center (OMC)
Hollywood Hustle Fun Run raising over $4,000 for the Emergency Fund at
the OMC Cancer Treatment Center. This money is used to help local cancer
patients. The 28th annual Fun Run included 5K, 1.5 mile, and dog show events with a Hollywood
movie theme and was held April 28 at OMC Parkway Center.
“We truly appreciate everyone who came out on a beautiful morning
to support local cancer patients,” said Melissa Smith, OMC Media
Relations Specialist and Chair of the event.
Trophies were given to the top five male and female finishers in the 5K,
as well as medals to the top three finishers in each age category. In
addition, three spirit awards were given. Winning the team spirit award
was the OMC Intensive Care Bears; Adult Spirit Award went to Shyla Cole;
and the Youth Spirit Award went to Ian Chambers.
This year’s corporate fundraising award went to West Plains Bank
who raised $1,000 for the Cancer Treatment Center prior to the Fun Run.
For more information about the Fun Run or OMC events, call OMC Public Relations
In the 5K and 10K run, trophies were awarded to the top five female and
the top five male finishers.
Top 5 male finishers in the 5K:
- Zathan Lhamon, Pocahontas, Arkansas – 21:22
- Carson King, West Plains – 22:06
- JJ Speake, West Plains – 23:03
- Andrew Jacobs, West Plains – 25:10
- Myles McGhee, Thayer – 25:26
Top 5 female finishers in the 5K:
- Melinda Ray, West Plains – 22:34
- Robin Nielsen, West Plains – 23:19
- Natalie Stewart, West Plains – 25:04
- Mary Claire Gohn, West Plains – 25:37
- Seri King, West Plains – 26:53
Ozarks Medical Center and the OMC Cancer Treatment Center would like to
extend a special ‘thank you’ to the 240 individuals who registered
for the 2018 Fun Run.
A special thank you to the following individuals and businesses.
- The volunteers including West Plains High School Cross Country Team, MSU-WP
Grizzly Volleyball Team, Boys & Girls Club, and many OMC employees
and community members helped make this event possible
- Race sponsors: All Pet & Equine Supply, Cochran Sales, West Plains
Family Chiropractic, Animal Clinic of West Plains, Edward Jones, Ozark
Radio Network, Don’s Auto Service, E-Communications, West Plains
Daily Quill, Hiland Dairy, and A&A Quality Roofing
- Booth Sponsors: Penmac, McFarland Spine & Sport, and Malinda Goodman
for Tupperware and Foxx Live Socks
- The West Plains Police Department, West Plains Fire Department, South Howell
County Ambulance and the OMC Security Department for their assistance
with course safety
- The City of West Plains for their support
- Dennis Crider for marking the course
- Theresa Speake for leading the stretching clinic
- TJ Temple of TJ’s Super Balloons for providing the balloons
- DJ IMH for providing the music
- The local newspapers and radio stations for their support and publicity
- The Fun Run Planning Committee: Melissa Smith, Chair; Christy Chambers;
Dennis Crider; Shae Criswell; Regina Eades; Erin Gibbs; Christina Hardman;
Chris Henson; Josh Drummond; Kathy Delgado; Phyllis Kupfer; Theresa Speake
For more information about this event, contact OMC Public Relations Department